Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dilemma of a lover

"Will she?...won't she?" my friend was blabbering.

"Com'mon man, why don't you tell her about it? If its a yes...well it'll be good!! if no...then you can always move on" I tried to console and advice him. He looked at me solemnly and said "I can't move on man...I really love her and just can't think anything but her". "Oye Ranjhya ki kehne tere!!" I jeered at him. But instead of things becoming easy, he grew serious.

            "You know I won't be able to bear her no....you know I want to spend the rest of my life with her". I could see the intensity in his eyes. I was speechless. Then he looked down in despair and sighed "But does she want to..or will she spend the rest of her life with me? Don't you think she would like to live with someone who is already well settled in life, rather than me....a poor fella who is still trying to get his feet firmly grounded in this world...would she love to grow with me?" He paused for a while and before I could say anything he continued again "I want to give her the best in life but that will take time. Will she understand that? Will she grow with me?"
           

            I really had no words to say. I just slightly tapped on his shoulder and left with a heavy heart. But he was still blabbering, "Will she?...won't she?"

No comments: